DestinationFLX seeks to provide you with usable content – not just ideas for places to go or things to do. Our tours focus more on quality over quantity, and we avoid the “drink ‘til you drop” approach. Instead, we arrange behind the scenes tours, special tastings and pairings, and educational sessions with Finger Lakes taste makers.
This is an attempt to give you a “taste” (see what we did there) of our tour experience, while providing an actionable itinerary to plug and play into Google Maps. Please enjoy this tour responsibly – and call DFLX (585) 267-7635 to leave the driving and planning to us!
This tour sample includes stops at McGregor Vineyards, Weis Vineyards and Domaine LeSeurre Winery.
McGregor Vineyard features estate grown and bottled vinifera wines from vines first planted in 1971, making them one of New York’s original vinifera grape producers (the winery was founded in 1981 by Bob and Marge McGregor).
Guests receive a sampling plate (usually cheese, pesto, and chocolate), and a souvenir wine glass with their $5 tasting, which might include:
- 2016 Dry Riesling: received 88 points from Wine Enthusiast Magazine
- 2011 Pinot Noir Reserve: received 91 points plus “Cellar Selection” from Wine Enthusiast and 90 points from Wine Advocate
- 2015 Cabernet Franc Reserve
- 2013 Black Russian Red, 36-Month Barrel Reserve
- 2014 Black Russian RedHours and Details
Tasting room hours vary by season:
- June 1st – October 31st: 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Saturdays in July & August: 10:00am – 8:00pm
- November 1st – May 31st: 11:00am – 5:00pm
5503 Dutch St, Dundee, NY 14837 – (607) 292-3999
Weis Vineyards opened in May 2017 but is already making great wines! The winery, founded by head winemaker Hans Peter Weis, features seven new varietals that are all very good. Wines likely available for tasting include:
- Dry Riesling: recently won a Double Gold at the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Chardonnay aged in a variety of older and newer barrels
- Semi Dry Riesling
- Schulhaus Red
The winery staff are informed, passionate and incredibly welcoming.
Friday, Saturday & Sunday, 11:00 am – to 5:00 pm (or by Appointment)
10014 Day Road, Hammondsport, NY 14840 (located on the East Side of Keuka Lake, 8 Miles North of Hammondsport, 14 Miles South of Penn Yan – directly off of State Route 54)
Domaine LeSeurre Winery is rapidly gaining a reputation for the quality of their wine, tasting hospitality, and French heritage and approach to wine making. Sébastien and Céline Leseurre, French husband and wife winemakers, originally came to the Finger Lakes for a year of exploration and decided to make this home. Wine tastings include five samples for $5. Domaine LeSeurre produces dry Riesling, Chardonnay, and Cabernet Franc wines, and you might taste some of these:
- 2015 Dry Riesling: grapes come from three different vineyards and are stored in stainless steel for 11 months
- 2015 Riesling Barrel Select: stored in French oak barrels, dry with a buttery finish
- 2016 Dry Gewurztraminer: stored in stainless steel barrels for 11 months
- 2015 Rose Cabernet Franc Barrel Select No. 4: stored in old oak barrels for one year
- 2015 Riesling Barrel Select: skins remain in contact for 22 days and stored in French oak for 22 months
Hours and Details
Thursday through Monday from 10:00am to 5:00pm (closed Christmas Eve and Christmas, and New Year’s Eve and Day)
Located on the east side of Keuka Lake, just 7 miles from the village of Hammondsport: 13920 State Route 54, Hammondsport, NY 14840
Phone: (607) 292-3920
Where and When – Keuka Lake (tour option one)
Likely total tour time: 6 hours
- 9:45 am Depart from Rochester, NY
- 10:15 am Depart from central Geneva location
- 11:00 am McGregor Vineyards
- 11:45am Depart for Weis Vineyards
- 12:45pm Depart for Domaine LeSeurre Winery
- 1:40pm Depart for late lunch (Switzerland Inn)